Welcome To Stupa Preparation Phase!
More and more of us are coming to Stupkalnis and even more will come as the date of Stupa inauguration comes closer. Thus – during the period of preparation for course – below are some of the common principles we agreed to establish among ourselves to make our stay as comfortable and smooth as possible.
Please register yourself and your family so that we can plan accordingly:
– For people who come for less than 5 days (or longer, but will not be able to help with Stupa and general Stupkalnis every day works for at least 4 hours/day):
- With food: 13 Eur
- Without food: 5 Eur
– For people who come to help for more than 5 days (being able to help with Stupa and general Stupkalnis every day works for at least 4 hours/day):
- With food: 8 Eur
- Without food: 3 Eur
– For kids younger than 15 years old: please pay for the food. Recommended donation is 8 Eur, but if you feel your kids eat way less than an adult, please donate as it feels fair.
– If you have a wish and time to come to help but have financial difficulties, please write email@example.com, we will see what we can do.
– Gompa and your own tent are available for accommodation, please bring your own sleeping mat and mattress with you (a tent, if you need).
– If you have special accommodation requirements (families with small kids, health issues, etc.), please write Stupkalnis@budizmas.lt. Please mind we have really limited space to provide, but we will see what we can do.
– We start and close the day with common XVI Karmapa meditation at 9 am and 9 pm
– TsaTsa workshop is running every day
– Those who have special skills with maintenance works (carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc.), please indicate in the registration form, we have plenty of work for you.
– For people with general skills, there are lots of joyful work to do as well: cooking, cleaning, cutting grass, etc.
GIFTS FOR STUPA:
– In case you want to bring anything, we are still collecting jewellery and precious stones. Of course, money is always a good gift.
– Those who work with tsatsas cannot smoke nor eat meat. Alcohol drinks are generally forbidden in our centers
– Commonly prepared food is mostly vegetarian. If you need, please bring meat for your private needs, but consume it humbly not to tease those working with tsatsas.
– We have weekly shifts for running Stupkalnis (organizing food, cleaning and guest welcome) – if you have time and wish, please write: Stupkalnis@budizmas.lt
– Covid-19 related matters: Quarantine is over in Lithuania, so no special safety means apart from general hygiene are mandatory (e.g., masks or self-distancing is not required, but it is up to individual decision). We can gather inside in groups of less than 200 people, and outside – less than 1000 people. Self-isolation is still required coming from certain countries (for now – UK, Portugal and Sweden, but list of countries is updated every week, in some cases, people coming from those countries may not be allowed to enter Lithuania). Please check official sources and contact us before planning your trip
– If you have any questions or inquiries, please write Stupkalnis@budizmas.lt or call / SMS / WhatsApp: +37069880699